Updated 21 August 2020
We, AHC Corporation Limited and its related companies (collectively referred to as “AHC”, “we”, “us”, “our”), are committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and other users of our website – www.AsiaHospitalityCareers.com (the “Site”) and services.
Where you provide us with your personal data, whether by email, in person, through this Site or our previous website, or through any of our offices, we will endeavour to ensure that your personal data remains private and is only used in accordance with this policy. By providing us with your personal data, you also provide consent for us to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data in accordance with this policy.
1. Collection of personal data
- We are required to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) in Hong Kong and similar laws and regulations in the other jurisdictions in which we operate. We will also ensure that our employees, recruitment consultants and associates comply with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
- We may collect your personal data from you, including but not limited to your name, contact details, qualifications, work history, nationality, your right to work in a particular country, languages spoken, education and training history, your career objectives and other data from your curriculum vitae (“CV”). If you are considered for a particular position, we may also collect reference information including but not limited to opinions regarding your work performance from your nominated referees. All personal data collected is held, used and disclosed for the purposes set out below.
2. Use and disclosure of personal data
We hold, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes: to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our Site, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV generally or to apply for specific jobs;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and, where you provide your prior consent as a candidate, to send your personal data to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to answer your inquiries;
- to directly email you of news and industry updates, recruitment events, promotions and competitions; when we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such emails any time if you do not wish to receive such direct marketing;
- to trusted third parties, who must comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as us, including but not limited to service providers we have retained to provide services, that you have given consent, such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests; and who provide services to us, such as professional advisers, IT consultants, marketing consultants and function coordinators;
- if we merge with or are acquired by another business, we may share your personal data with the new owners of the business and their advisers and if this happens, you will receive notice of such an event;
- we may also release personal data in order to comply with any legal, statutory or regulatory requirements; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose not listed above.
3. Privacy on our Site
- Submitting your CV and applying for Jobs
- You may submit your CV to us via email or this Site, either for general consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they arise or to apply for a specific advertised job. Once submitted, your CV will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and contacted. Your submitted CV will be stored in our database. This database, including your personal data, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in offices, both inside and outside Hong Kong. You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV via email or this Site.
- Aggregate Information About Site Visitors
- We gather information and statistics about all visitors to our Site, including the most frequently accessed pages and most frequently used services. We only use such data in aggregate form (that is, the information does not identify any one individual). This information helps us determine the most beneficial parts of our Site and ways in which we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
- We use Google Analytics to collect information about how your use our Site. The information collected is used to improve how our Site works or the effectiveness of our web services to you. Information collected include (without limitation) your login details, to track web traffic on an aggregate basis and to keep session information in cache to assist your use of our Site, such as your last search (however, this information is disposed of every time you close your web browser). You may wish to opt out by turning off cookies (please refer to the help menu on your browser) however, switching off cookies will restrict your use of our Site. For more information on analytics cookies, please visit Google’s website.
4. Access to personal data
You may request access to or to update your personal data held by us by contacting our Privacy Officer directly. We may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you reasons for doing so. When you request your personal data to be updated and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your personal data of such dispute. You may also request that we stop using your information and contacting you and we will comply with your request. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients (in cases where you have been submitted to clients for consideration in relation to job opportunities). Where permitted to do so, please note that we may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access and updating requests, and we will need a minimum of 14 days to process your request.
We take reasonable steps to keep personal data secure, accurate and up to date. The Internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, while we seek to protect your personal data by implementing digital security systems in various parts of our Site, we cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Contact our Privacy Officer at:
10C Seabright Plaza, 9-23 Shell Street, North Point, Hong Kong